In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sex and the City

One of my biggest guilty pleasures is my love of the television series Sex and the City. I own the entire series on DVD. I don't know why my Alaska loving self absolutely adores a show about four women in New York. The funny part is I feel like I can relate somehow. Ok, so my shoes are El Naturalista, not Monolo Blahnik. I love the new Yggdrasil Tall Boot. Maybe I don't own a Louis Vitton bag, but I sure have my share of backpacks, and I own a cloth grocery bag in every color of the rainbow. It is probably the relationships that really tug at my heartstrings. Of course, I relate the most with Carrie and her neurotic tendencies. One day I realized that I was nothing like Carrie. I was sadly lamenting the breakup of Carrie and Aiden to my friend Maria, when she explained that Aiden was not the right man for Carrie, Aiden would have been the right man for one of us. How right she was. In any case I still love the show. Over the years I have tried to recruit as many people as possible to watch. I even converted a construction crew once.
So, in celebration of the DVD release of the movie and my last night of bachelorettehood (David will be back from his trip tomorrow). I decided to have a few friends from work over for a little Sex and the City party. April made some yummy goat cheese and basil appetizers. We all made tamales and had a great assortment of chocolatey goodness as well for dessert. I finally used those yummy looking tomatoes from the market last Saturday in a fresh salsa. I love the flavors in an uncooked salsa. Every time I make it people always ask for the recipe. Sometimes people refer to it as Nicole’s salsa, but the recipe actually belongs to my friend Dan who adapted it from a restaurant in Las Vegas. I figure since I have never known Dan to cook anything else in the nearly 20 years I have known him, it would be important that he gets credit for his salsa!

Dan’s Salsa (adapted)
4-5 fresh tomatoes diced ( I like to use an assortment)
4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
Juice from one lemon or lime
3-4 green onions finely chopped
Approx. ½ cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalepeno pepper finely chopped

Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl and serve. Tastes even better after it sits for a while.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. What's a "Spanesian" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful mix - I used to have a springer border collie cross and she was a wonderful dog.

    I think I'm going to make this salsa tonight. I love fresh tomato anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks really great and how fun having girls night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails